Links to web work from FM, but not from PDF

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Thu Dec 7 13:48:27 PST 2006

Framers,

FM 7.0
Acrobat Pro 6.0

I've used links to web sites before, but for some reason some that I just
created work fine from my FrameMaker file, but don't work from a PDF.

Here are the things I checked or tried:

- Hypertext markers look fine and I've applied a character tag to denote the
link area.

- Ctrl + Alt + Click from FM works fine. My browser goes to the correct URL.

- Generate PDF data is turned on when printing to ps file.

- Links in the PDF change the cursor to the hand with the w, but nothing
happens when you click them.

Any ideas? My project is due tomorrow. :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
Intelligent technical communication since 1993
Technical writing, help development,
FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher conversions
lindag at techcomplus.com
http://www.techcomplus.com/
Manager, Consulting and Independent Contracting
Special Interest Group
Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html