dealing with Excel and Word

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sat Dec 9 07:28:27 PST 2006

Hi all out there,

Yes, I have to deal with these two "old chaps" :-)

The point is that I have to insert some two hundred graphics from several Excel worksheets in a document. And the final document must be in *.doc (or *.rtf) format. Yes, that is the problem.

The available tools are FrameMaker 7.1p579 on Windows and Mif2Go 33u44.

As far as I've already tried, the Save as... *.rtf or *.doc options from FM had never been of great help. Neither this time. I've frequently used Mif2Go for this kind of issues, but this time I am having problems with graphic size: whatever options I manage to use, I always get an output where the graphics never fit in their frame. For instance, from some think like this...

http://nvx.environmentalchange.net/@rrodriguez/images/fromFM.jpg

I get this...

http://nvx.environmentalchange.net/@rrodriguez/images/fromWord.jpg

Please, could anybody help me to solve this issue? Thanks!

Best,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez