Structured FM Roundtripping

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Dec 12 10:00:42 PST 2006

Marsha,
   Do you have a r/w write rule that maps the tgroup element to a table? Is
the TCaption element declared in your DTD and defined in the EDD to a
FrameMaker table title? FM does treat an element named "tgroup" specially;
it tries to interpret it in light of the CALS table model, and your
definition is not quite the standard one.
         --Lynne

At 05:45 PM 12/11/2006, Lofthouse Marsha-PT1816 wrote:
>I can now open them in FrameMaker with no errors and the structure is
>exactly as I defined it. However, when I save the XML file, my TCaption
>element disappears.
>
>Definitions:
><!ELEMENT tgroup (TCaption?, THead?, TBody, TFooter?) >
>
><!ELEMENT TCaption (#PCDATA | Emphasis | lots of other stuff)* >
><!ATTLIST TCaption Target ID #REQUIRED >
>
>The TCaption element (and it's contents) is there when I open the file.
>There are no errors showing in the Structure View.
>
>When I save the XML file from FrameMaker, I get an error indicating an
>ID attribute was referenced but never declared. That is because the ID
>attribute in question is declared in TCaption.
>
>I've been staring at this way too long today.
>
>If you need more information, let me know.
>
>Thanks in advance for any clues you might be able to give me.
>
>Marsha Lofthouse
>Motorola, Inc., Public Safety Applications
>North America Government & Commercial Markets Division
>Boulder Design Center
>Marsha.Lofthouse at motorola.com
>303.527.4178

>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/lprice%40txstruct.com
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284