OT - Who should be responsible for proofing?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 11:59:03 PST 2006

In practical terms, it should be the person who gets zinged if there's
a mistake and/or the person in the organization with the best spelling
and grammar skills.

If you're asking a process question, I'd say no, it should never be
the writer because he/she has looked at the copy too much to look at
it with fresh eyes.

But back in practical terms, if the writer is the best speller /
grammarian, he/she is likely to get stuck with the job.

Art

On 12/15/06, Natalie Bircher <natalie.bircher at dhsnet.com> wrote:
> This is off topic, but something that we all must come across as
> writers. Who should be responsible for the final proofing of the
> documents you write? Should it ever be the writer?

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358