OT - Who should be responsible for proofing?

d.mossfritch at comcast.net d.mossfritch at comcast.net
Fri Dec 15 12:19:27 PST 2006

Good Day Art and Natalie,

If you are looking at only spelling and grammar, perhaps. However, the problems encountered at our site deal more with content (complete procedures, no link from the help file to an application's Help buttons, lack of option and data column descriptions, and more) and the structure of documents.

A couple of years ago our expert (of spelling and grammer) reviewed a contractor's publication and offered a couple of comments. What the expert had missed was the description of the software application was backwards of the application's actual purpose and operation.

Afraid I must say that proofing a document depends upon the purpose of that proofing.

Best,

     Denise L. Moss-Fritch

From: "Art Campbell" <art.campbell at gmail.com>