OT - Who should be responsible for proofing?

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Dec 15 13:31:05 PST 2006

What you have described is much deeper than what I
would call proofreading. I would put some it under the
heading of SME content review (which shouldn't get
sidetracked in issues of grammar or punctuation), and
most of it under editing (which really has several of its
own subcategories).

No one set of eyes is ever going to pick up all classes
of errors and issues. And if the number of different people
available to review/edit/proofread a document is limited,
you'll still get better results if those people do multiple
passes through the document with a limited scope for
each pass.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ