Endless crashes when trying to print book to file (Unstructured)

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 01:54:50 PST 2006

I am having problems printing a certain book to file. Sometimes FM
crashes on the first file, somtimes farther back. I have tried to
start a new empty template and copy the contents from the old file
into the new one, plus importing the formats into the new file. It
seems to work at first, but then crashes working on another file in
the book.
Then when I retry, it even crashes at the first file in the book the
one I had just rebuilt.

The messages I get are:

Internal Error 7204, 610980, 7778516, 0. FrameMaker has detected a
serious problem and must quit. Etc.; and then

Adobe FrameMaker: FrameMaker.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0039199f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be read. Etc.

I have occasionally had similar (or the same?) crashes and messages in
the past, but mainly when running Structured FM. Always I have been
able to solve the problem by rebuilding the offending file. Now, it
seems that I am out of solutions.

Is it possible that there is actually a problem with the computer memory?

I am on a tight schedule with this book, so any response would be
highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Supervisor Publishing