FM and crossover for mac

Graeme Forbes graeme.forbes at colorado.edu
Thu Dec 21 16:44:21 PST 2006

>  >Has anyone tried FrameMaker on a macintel with the Codeweavers'
>>CrossOver for Mac ?
>
>  No, but FrameMaker 7.1 is on their list of supported applications.
>
>  - web

Alas, FM only gets a bronze medal. Better than Bode Miller at the
last Winter Olympics, but with none of the refreshing attitude.

Here's how CodeWeavers explain "bronze medal":

  The bronze is awarded to applications that install and run, and that
can accomplish some portion of their fundamental mission. However,
bronze applications generally have enough bugs that we recommend that
our customers not depend on their functionality.

  The most important aspect of a bronze application is that
CodeWeavers  makes a firm commitment to bring all bronze applications
to the  silver level in future releases of CrossOver.

I think I know how to define "future".

Graeme Forbes