Consecutive Figure and Table Numbering

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 18:39:50 PST 2006

I am trying to set up consecutive numbering for figures and tables across multiple chapters in a book. The structure and template uses a paragraph Tag with numbering set to <n+>. Each chapter restarts at #1. According to the Framemaker 7.0 Online Manual, "Autonumbered paragraphs are numbered consecutively in a text flow. If your document contains several text flows, autonumbered paragraphs in each flow will be independent of the others."

  So my problem appears to be that each chapter is in its own flow. How do i get one flow across three chapters or 20 chapters?

  Or is there a numbering option that will get the same effect?