Consecutive Figure and Table Numbering

srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Dec 27 08:37:38 PST 2006

David Spreadbury wrote:

> our documents don't use Paragraph Numbering

Oh yes they do :-)

Remember, in FM, everything that ends with either a pilcrow (the backwards P
symbol) or an end-of-flow symbol is a "paragraph".  Your Figure captions are
paragraphs. Your Table titles are paragraphs. Your Table cells are paragraphs.
When Frame refers to "Paragraph Numbering", it is talking about the
Autonumbering variables -- and you set those variables in the *Paragraph*
Designer, right?  Doesn't matter if they're captions, headings, table
cells, or
otherwise empty placeholders for anchored frames -- they're all
paragraphs, and
if they have any kind of variable in the Autonumber box, they use Paragraph
Numbering.

If you can get hold of the white papers mentioned by others, it's well
worth the
time to study them and get a good understanding of how numbering works in FM.
(If you can't get hold of them, write me off list and I'll zip them up for you
when I'm back in the office next week.)

Best wishes to all for 2007,
Stuart Rogers
Phoenix Geophysics Ltd.