[SOLVED] Case of attribute values modified on import SGML->FrameMaker 5.5.6

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:48:38 PST 2006

Dave,

On 02/02/06, Dave Searle <xml at searle.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jakob,
>
> It sounds as if your "id" attribute is declared in the DTD to have a
> value of type "ID" which is a name. Thus it has to conform the name
> character rules and is also affected by the NAMECASE settings.

pure genius!

Yes, I just checked, and indeed, there are id attributes declared as
ID, and others as CDATA (this is an intermediary DTD, I have to say in
my defense :-)), the "real" ID values are modified.  I didn't know
that ID values are considered as names, although it makes sense.

Thanks a lot!

--
cheers,
Jakob.