Problem generating PDFs for the printer - it always comes out as RGB

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Feb 6 11:34:41 PST 2006

Hi Daniel,

Printing from Windows FrameMaker is handled by the Windows OS, which
converts everything to RGB. There are two choices, as far as I know: 1)
Print from Mac FrameMaker, or 2) convert the colors back to CMYK in the PDF
file. I don't know how to do (2), but it may require third-party software.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hi,

I'm having a serious problem generating pdfs for the printer. Everything
in my book is rgb, despite the fact the all my images are cmyk and all
colours are specified as cmyk. Even when I tell Distiller to change
everything to cmyk I still get only rgb.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Framemaker 7.2b144
Acrobat Pro 7.0.0

Thanks,