Backtracking cross-references

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue Feb 7 09:18:10 PST 2006

Not so easy. The problem being that there can be many
references pointing to the same destination marker. And
there's no way to know which external files (if any) might
be pointing to a given marker.

In our pubs group, we use the now-discontinued FrameLink
interface between FrameMaker and our Documentum
docbase, and one of the services it provides is tracking
of all inter-file references. It's a great benefit of the system
even if it only identifies the referring file and not the specific
x-refs within those files.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ