Esc m p for anchored frames?

Daniel Emory danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 8 09:52:33 PST 2006

If you initially set the anchored frame postion to be
Below Current Line, using ESC mp to shrink the size of
the anchored frame to the size of the contained
graphic object changes the anchored frame position to
"At Insertion Point". To restore the original position
after shrinking it, you must click on the anchored
frame, open the Anchored Frame dialog, and and
re-select "Below Current Line", and perhaps also
restore the original "Alignment" position.

Don't ask me why the ESC mp action forces these
arbitrary changes in position and alignment. That's
just the way it is. I suspect that this shortcut was
added at the request of one of the large license
holders, who explicitly asked for this behavior, and
Frame Technology complied with the request.

--- Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I have tried searching the archives for this, but
> the searchable messages
> don't go back far enough in time. I distinctly
> remember a discussion about
> what the m and p represented in the Esc m p command
> for anchored frames.
> Fred Ridder also supplied a succinct description of
> why this functions the
> way that it does - basically, when I place my
> anchored frame at a certain
> location, then use Esc m p, the frame is shrunk to
> the size of the
> graphic, but the whole frame with the graphic is
> shifted upwards - it does
> not remain in its original location - if this
> description makes sense.
>
> Any information on this subject is appreciated.

Dan Emory & Associates
DW Emory <danemory7224 at sbcglobal.net>