Search for Discretionary Hyphen?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:08:20 PST 2006

IF (<<< Note BIG If) they're the same character that FM uses, you
should be able to find them by typing a backslash \ before the
dash/hyphen character in the Find box: \-

I usually find them by selecting one and copying it to the clipboard
and then using the "Text ... on clipboad" Find option. Not sure why it
isn't working for you... You're doing a Copy command after selecting
it, right?

Art

On 2/9/06, John Huntington <jhuntington at runbox.com> wrote:
> I have a large document I imported into FM from Word.  There are tons of
> imported "discretionary hyphens" distributed throughout the document,
> and I'd like to get rid of them.  However, I can't figure out how to get
> the Find/Change feature to change them.   I tried using the "Text and
> Character formats on clipboard" for the search field, and also searching
> for Any Marker, but neither of those approaches would find them.  Any
> suggestions?

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358