Structured FrameMaker competency questions

mcarr at allette.com.au mcarr at allette.com.au
Tue Feb 21 10:11:01 PST 2006

Hi all,

I know that what I'm about to ask is less than ideal on so many levels,
but please don't offer me a lecture as I have no control over the
circumstances.

A past client has been asked to put together of list of questions that a
non-technical panel could use to evaluate applicants for a position that
involves the creation and maintenance of structured FrameMaker documents.
Obviously, they have to have a reasonably quantifiably correct answer for
a non-technical panel be have any hope of making an assessment, so does
anyone have any suggestions for questions? I'd happily repost what I send
him if anything comes of it.

This is the approach that they will take, so there's no point in telling
me that the panel's not fit to make the decision - I know that already.
All I'm trying to do is to make sure that they don't get suckered by
someone who's going to try to learn on the job. Any suggestions for
questions are welcome.

Please mail me directly as well as the list, as I'm on the digest and the
answers were really needed yesterday, of course... ;-) Thanks for any
assistance,

Marcus Carr