Is there a way to...

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Feb 23 08:53:38 PST 2006

Hi Doug,

The answer is no, although you could do it with FrameScript.

I would question this strategy for naming files, though. In my opinion, it
is better to name files based on a description instead of a number. This
gives you more flexibility if you decide to rearrange the documents in the
book, or to reuse some of them in another book. It is also more useful if
you are searching for a particular document on your harddrive or network
volume.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

...make FrameMaker save the chapter number as part of the filename?
My book has 60 chapters, and I need to add another chapter right after
chapter 29.  Which means I need to remove, rename, and re-add 30
chapters to the book.  It would be so much easier if Frame would
auto-name the individual chapter files, similar to how Word can do.

Thanks,

Doug