OT: .rar files

Grant Hogarth Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Fri Feb 24 09:41:46 PST 2006

If you are into open source, and want to get even more compression,
check out 7-ZIP
http://www.7-zip.org/ I've been very happy with it, although I will
admit that I do have WinRAR and PKZip on my box as well.

Grant
Grant Hogarth
Equis International - A Reuters Company
ghogarth at Equis.com / Grant.Hogarth at Reuters.com
Direct: (+1) 801.270.3180   Main Fax: 801.265.3999

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces+grant.hogarth=reuters.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+grant.hogarth=reuters.com at lists.frameusers.com]
On Behalf Of Mike McCallister
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:03 PM
To: Rick Quatro
Cc: framers at frameusers.com; framers at omsys.com
Subject: Re: OT: .rar files

RAR is just another archiving algorithm, and I'd be surprised if there
was a standard-issue Zip program that couldn't open them up (though a
quick search through the WinZip site didn't turn up mention of RAR,
which may be why you asked). The freeware file manager PowerDesk (which
I used to document) will also open RARs. Click the "free trial"
button here: http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Home.html.

Mike McCallister