Bulleted list bug when saving as XML in 7.0p579

Karen West klw at cyberscience.com
Tue Feb 28 05:01:07 PST 2006

I have a chapter where page 1 ends with a bulleted list, page 2 then starts
with a Heading (Heading1_TOP), which is the counterpart to Heading1 but
simply has a Start of 'Top of page'. It looks like so:

-- start page 1

Summary Reports

Introduction

This section describes creating summary reports that summarize information,
such as the total value of orders, without printing detailed information
from each record.
You will see how to create a number of reports. It is recommended that you
are familiar with the previous section, as some of the steps to create
summary reports are similar and are summarized here.

Topics covered include:

. categorizing data across and down the page
. categorizing data by year and month
. hiding row totals & showing column totals
. displaying totals and record counts
. displaying percentages
. ranking
. drilling down into your report data
. creating dynamic sum categories

-- end of page 1
-- start of page 2

Creating a Summary Report Using the Report Wizard

The steps involved in creating a summary report are similar to creating a
list report.

-- end of page 2

But the XML generated by FrameMaker looks like this:

<XML>
<TITLE> </TITLE>
<ChapterNo> </ChapterNo>
<ChapterHead>Summary Reports</ChapterHead>
<Heading1>Introduction</Heading1>
<Body>This section describes creating summary reports that summarize
information, such as the total value of orders, without printing detailed
information from each record. </Body>
<Body>You will see how to create a number of reports. It is recommended that
you are familiar with the previous section, as some of the steps to create
summary reports are similar and are summarized here.</Body>
<Body>Topics covered include:</Body>
<BulletedList>
<Bulleted>categorizing data across and down the page</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>categorizing data by year and month</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>hiding row totals & showing column totals</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>displaying totals and record counts</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>displaying percentages</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>ranking</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>drilling down into your report data</Bulleted>
<Bulleted>creating dynamic sum categories</Bulleted>
<Heading1-TOP>Creating a Summary Report Using the Report
Wizard</Heading1-TOP>
</BulletedList>
<Body>The steps involved in creating a summary report are similar to
creating a list report.</Body>
<Heading2>Choosing the Report Type</Heading2>

The closing BulletedList tag </BulletedList> comes after the <Heading1-TOP>
tag on the next page, which is highly illogical. Does anyone know why and if
it's been fixed in 7.1 or 7.2 as that would give me much needed ammo in my
quest to upgrade.

If I change the Heading tag for page 2 to Heading1 with an override to start
at the top of the page then the XML is generated correctly and the
</BulletedList> tag comes where you'd expect it to. However I want to avoid
using paragraph overrides.

TIA

Karen West
Technical Writer