Setting runaround properties on a table

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:11:39 PST 2006

Tables by themselves don't have run-around properties the way a
graphic or an anchored frame does.

So, two ideas:

Without knowing a little more about the usage, I think the easiest
thing to do would
be to create a new master page with five text frames: 1,2,3,&4 in the
quadrants in a single text flow with auto-connect turned on. And the
fifth frame horizontally across the middle of the page to hold the
table. You'd need to tweak thr fifth frame  to the size of the table,
but it would preserve the automatic flow of the copy. Essentially all
you're doing is splitting the existing columns horizontally to create
room for your table.

An alternative would be to try to nest containers by creating an
anchored frame with properties set to "Run into Paragraph" to hold a
text frame that holds the table. I haven't tested this, but I think it
would work -- depends a bit on how the second column is set up.

Art

On 1/11/06, Shelly, Heather <Heather_Shelly at bmc.com> wrote:
> I'm completing the work on templates that someone else created. The templates are Marketing documents with a 2-column format. In some cases, writers will need a table to straddle both columns of the page. The text must flow above and below the table in both columns. Right now, if text starts in Column A and runs into a table that straddles both columns across the page, the text that continues over from the first column only flows *below* the table; it does not flow above the table into the top of Column B. I need for the text to flow above and below straddled tables in these documents.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358