Setting runaround properties on a table

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Wed Jan 11 10:06:46 PST 2006

Hi, Heather:

If the columns are created from two connected text frames, rather
than a single text frame with a two-column property, there's no way
to straddle the columns with a paragraph format, anchored frame, or
table.

You should be aware that even in a two-column text frame approach, a
table in the left column that straddles columns forces the text above
it on a page to flow into the right column, rather than to skip
"over" the table and continue to the bottom of the column, then on to
the top of the right column.

Also, a table in the right column that needs to straddle, will move
to the next page.

Marketing documents often employ creative layout approaches that
require some manual work and manual maintenance as documents are
revised.

HTH

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices