IPEX 2006, UK, April 4-11

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 03:19:59 PST 2006

Dear Mac FrameMaker users... if there are any other than me in the UK, you might like to know that IPEX, the major trade exhibition for the printing and publishing industries, is coming round again. IPEX is held at the NEC, Birmingham, every four years.

Adobe will be there in force, so this offers a great opportunity to try to forward our (hopeless?) cause, and that of FrameMaker generally (are you as sick as I am of completing long tedious Adobe on-line surveys that don't even *mention* FrameMaker?). I will almost certainly be there, and if I am, I will be wearing a 'FrameMaker for OS X' T-shirt.

IPEX is vast, and certainly worth a visit, if only to see the dimensions of the industry. Before I went in 2002, I thought a printer was something that sat on a desk or, at a push, on the floor. At IPEX there were printers with ladders and walkways ;-) I specially liked the palette-stacking robots.

IPEX, Birmingham NEC, 4-11 April 2006, http://www.ipex.org
--
Steve