POLL: Which method do you use to apply bold and italics?

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Tue Jan 17 04:51:18 PST 2006

In documents that will endure and need to be updated, its always via
character styles

In "throw-away" docs (e.g. one-time memo, fax cover page...) I use both
named styles and ad hoc formatting: Control-B, Control-I, etc.,
depending on what is set up in the template.

In structured docs there are special character-range formatting
elements.

On Monday, January 16, 2006 03:30 PM, John Wilcox wrote:

| This came up as a possible style standards issue here. Please
| reply off-list, and I'll summarize the results next week.
| Thanks for your time!
|
| A. Click the B and I buttons, or press Ctrl+B and Ctrl+I.
| B. Select Bold and Emphasis from the Character Catalog.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com