Setting Logical Page Numbering from FrameMaker

Martha J Davidson editrix at nemasys.com
Tue Jan 17 11:19:34 PST 2006

At 11:04 AM 1/17/2006, Joe Malin wrote:
>Why do that now with a book that may never be put to paper? Instead, use
>sequential numbering starting with the Title page as 1. To preserve the
>style of front matter, perhaps use roman numerals, but then allow the
>first page of text to be something other than 1.
>
>Would readers care? Would someone else be upset?

I don't know what readers would notice. I still use roman numerals
for front matter because I like following traditions when it's not
a lot of extra work for me to do so. It feels good to me when the
manuals I write seem like "real" books, even if they're not printed
any more. With PageLabeler, it's not much overhead to keep the
traditional scheme, so I see no need to abandon it.

martha
--

Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words
editrix at nemasys.com

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
      --Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)