POLL: Which method do you use to apply bold and italics?

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Tue Jan 17 12:21:50 PST 2006

I'm not sure I'd call this the "ultimate redefinition solution" because
it completely ignores the fact that there should be some underlying
*reason* why you need to present a word or phrase in boldface (or
italic or whatever).  A large segment of the people responding to the
original survey question indicated that they use multiple character
format names that all produce a boldface result, because the
different tag names allow them to capture some semantic metadata
about what makes the word or phrase special.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ