JOB: Contract Technical Writer, Seattle, WA

Andrew Becraft andrewb at singlestep.com
Tue Jan 17 12:26:53 PST 2006

Hello framers,

We'd like to hire a contract technical writer for six to eight weeks,
with a start date in the next two business weeks and an end date in
March (when the project is scheduled to conclude).

I'm looking for a senior-level writer who can work on site here in our
Seattle office. If you're interested, please send me your resume by
e-mail.

I'm including the full job description below. My contact information
appears in my signature.

Technical Writer (contract) - Singlestep Technologies Corp., Seattle, WA

Company Summary:

Singlestep Technologies’ products and services help the largest global
technology vendors solve complex integration problems for Fortune 2000
companies and other large enterprises.  By capturing and transforming
the raw data from the major network management and IT performance
systems, Singlestep is able to give the largest console, framework and
Business Process Optimization (BPO) vendors (such as Mercury, BMC, IBM,
CA, HP) one consolidated stream of information.

Job Description:

Under the direction of the lead Technical Writer, the contract
Technical Writer will be responsible for performing research, writing,
and production tasks for user assistance deliverables on a new software
product.

Primary Responsibilities:
Develop usable, technically accurate user assistance products (such as
user guides and help) that conform to corporate writing style,
structure, formatting guidelines, and the project plan.

Job Qualifications:
* More than five years of experience as a technical writer in the
software industry.
* BA or BS in English, Technical Communication, Journalism,
Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
* Expert user of Adobe FrameMaker.
* Expert user of business productivity applications (such as Microsoft
Office or OpenOffice).
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Experience developing user assistance based on the Microsoft Manual
of Style.
* Experience creating user assistance for system administrators or
software developers.
* Familiarity with structured-authoring principles and best practices a
strong plus.

I look forward to hearing from those of you who are interested.

Best regards,

Andrew Becraft
Senior Technical Writer
Singlestep Technologies
Connect. Simplify. Manage.

2601 Fourth Ave Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98121

P: 206.838.7982 direct (message sends email)
E: andrewb at singlestep.com

http://www.singlestep.com

The information contained in this transmission is privileged and/or
confidential information intended for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or