Setting Logical Page Numbering from FrameMaker

Joe Malin jmalin at tuvox.com
Tue Jan 17 13:16:00 PST 2006

Note that using roman numerals does not preclude consecutive numbering.
The only change is that the text part of the book no longer starts on
page 1.

	 Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.

The only people bothered were the traditionalists among the
documentation staff, of which I am one :-> I liked the idea of
indicating that front matter was inherently not a "content" page even
though the original production reason for not numbering front matter
with Arabic numbers was no longer necessary. However, even I could not
argue that the distinction was worth the confusion caused by the page
numbering variance in the PDF or any extra work on the part of the
production staff.

-- Janice