Another Stupid Framemaker Question

John Huntington jhuntington at runbox.com
Thu Jan 19 14:15:41 PST 2006

Ok, for those of you following along :-)  I've now got my whole book
imported, got the TOC generating, got each of the 50 chapters in a
separate file, got "Volumes"
 set up to generate part numbering, etc.

Now I'm starting to see global formatting things I want to do, but I'm a
bit confused.   For example, I'd ideally like to have the exact same
Paragraph Formats across every document in the book.   The only way I've
figured out how to do this so far is to create the formats as I want
them in one document, and then with the Book window selected, and all
the chapter files highlighted, import those formats to all other
documents.  Is there an easier way to do this?

Is there some way I could have one set of dynamic paragraph and
character formats shared by the entire book?  That way, if on Chapter 23
I decide I need a new character format I could go back into Chapter 2
and use it without importing, etc.

Also, I'd like to change a Header format in one place and have it
"update all" across the whole book, but that doesn't seem to work either :-(

Thanks!

John