add Framers list to gmane.org?

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:13:51 PST 2006

Hello,

for some of my recent Frame problems, I received very useful
information through this mailing list.  I would like to add references
to these posts to our internal documentation, preferably just a URL
per post.  However, I'm not sure this is possible with the Lyris
mailing list software (and its blasted, slow archive).

Would it be a good idea to add this list to gmane.org?  From the site:

"This is what Gmane offers. Mailing lists are funneled into news
groups. This isn't a new idea; several mail-to-news gateways exist.
What's new with Gmane is that no messages are ever expired from the
server, and the gateway is bidirectional. You can post to some of
these mailing lists without being subscribed to them yourself,
depending on whether the mailing lists allow non-subscribers to post
or not.

"In addition, Gmane does spam detection, cross-post handling, has a
TMDA-fueled encryption/forwarding service, a web interface, respects
X-No-Archive, supplies RSS feeds, uses SPF, features user-defined
filters, gathers traffic statistics, and has a real-time indexing
search engine."

Obviously, email addresses are hidden from view and from harvesting.
It's free. I have no relationship with gmane apart from being a very
satisfied user.

What do you think? Lisa?

--
cheers,