Text insets in structured FrameMaker

Bernard Aschwanden bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Fri Jan 27 04:23:56 PST 2006

Get InsetPlus from www.weststreetconsulting (and get the Structure Tools as well)...

Basically it lets you build 'live documents' instead of insets. I'll include info on using it when I release my DITA templates to the group in the next two weeks. Once that's done you can edit in EITHER the source of the reference or in the document that you 'plug' content into. You can update in either direction and mark content visually so you know it's a reference or a source.

The Structure Tools finally makes expanding/collapsing elements useful. You can do so with a huge amount of control. Russ has done some pretty cool stuff.

If you want to see the DITA set, attend the conference (for the lazy :D here is the URL with the http lead in http://conf.travelthepath.com) in March where I'll demo it in greater detail and I'll show all the tools that Russ has as well. There is some very cool stuff to automatically conditionalize elements when they are inserted and more...

Bernard