Spam from India?

Nandini G nandini111 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 23:34:23 PST 2006

I belong to the TWI (Technical Writers of India)
group. Recently the moderator deplored that some spam
came from the members, only to get reports from the
members that their names and email addresses were used
unkown to them for spamming.

I can't say whether this is a case of assumed name/id.
It would be a good idea to scramble our email
addresses or cut off the last portion so that we do
not become victims of spam.

Also, a random message to the group from the moderator
announcing not to advertise services to the group
would help. Alas, not everyone knows netiquette.

If the messages continue, we have the phone number :)
Who do you call? Spambusters!

Nandini