ADMIN re: gmane.org

Lisa M. Bronson lisa at frameusers.com
Thu Jan 26 22:10:18 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

I do not know much about gmane.org; while I will look into it, I do
not expect that its existence will change the way Framers is going to
be archived in the future. In case you've missed previous posts about
Mailman, the list no longer runs on Lyris, and the archives are no
longer available there. However, new archives (going back to the first
posts in 1999, not just those since the conversion to Mailman) are
being set up, along with a working search function.

With regard to the copyright issue, my take here and on TECHWR-L is
that if someone wants to tell the list about a published work, they
are to include a snippet about the article and the link to it. This
should be no different. If you are giving information to a co-worker
about FrameMaker and think someone's post explains it well, putting in
the link to the post, rather than copying the post itself, is
_protecting_ the copyright owner, not infringing on their rights.

This, too, I will look into over the next couple of weeks. If any of
you wants to contribute information to my research efforts, you may,
but please do so offlist.

We now continue with our regularly scheduled FrameMaker discussion.

Warm regards,

Lisa B.
FrameUsers Administrator