"Real Life" Migration to Structured Doc

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 06:09:36 PST 2006

At 8:05 am -0600 30/1/06, Spreadbury, David wrote:

>Take a look at Scriptorium (http://www.scriptorium.com/). Sarah O'Keefe,
>and her associate Sheila Loring, literally, wrote the book (The Complete
>Reference: FrameMaker 7). They provide both training and consulting in
>the use of FrameMaker, structured or unstructured.

As a recent and satisfied user of their 'Advanced Structured FrameMaker: Building EDDs' course-book, I can second this.

You *do* need the 'Complete Reference' book as well, though, for the supporting material. This book goes where the FrameMaker User Guide merely bottles out with remarks of the 'Your structured application developer will...' type ;-)

Better imho to gain and keep the skills yourself, if timescales and budget allow for it.
--
Steve