Comparing WebWorks versions

Vig, Nanna Poulsen nanna.vig at esko.com
Mon Jan 30 01:18:40 PST 2006

Hi Framers,
The 'Comparing WebWorks versions' thread inspired me to ask this question.

I am producing WWHelp 3.0 help systems to be used in standard browsers cross-platform on Mac and Windows. Browsers are Internet Explorer on Windows and Safari on the Mac.

The problem is numbered lists in the WebWorks Help template. They show up correctly as 1. 2. 3 etc. in Internet Explorer. But Safari apparently interprets the WebWorks html code differently, because Safari shows them as 1. 1. 1.  etc. My programmer colleague tells me that it has to do with the way of creating html code back then when WebWorks Publisher Pro 7.0 was released. Also, there is another problem with Safari: it cannot open a help system from the application, if Safari is already open - it keeps trying, but to no avail. If you shut down Safari and press F1 again, it works.

I had planned on upgrading to WebWorks ePublisher Pro - when this invaluable list had approved it! - but will this solve the numbered list problem and the open problem? And will it work with FM 7.0?

System info:
FM 7.0 (unstructured) on Mac OS 10.3.8 - Safari 1.3.1 (my programmer colleague uses 2.03 on Mac OS 10.4)
FM 7.0 (unstructured) and WebWorksPublisher 7.0 on Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6.0

Thanks,
Nanna