Carrying the Title of a Book forward [was Variables]

Susan Modlin susan.modlin at edusoft.com
Tue Jan 31 12:12:57 PST 2006

 Mike,

If your output is in PDF format, you might want to consider Buildfire
from convivio.com. It allows you to define one or more PDF files from a
FrameMaker book file. For each PDF definition, you can specify variable
definitions and conditional text settings.

I use it to produce three distinctly different PDFs from each of my
Frame book files. At production time, Buildfire cranks through the Frame
source, updating variables and conditions on the fly, and spits out
nice, neat PDFs.

One caveat: Convivio is based in Montreal, so don't plan on needing
support on a Canadian holiday -- and there appear to be lots of them.

HTH.

...Susan

Susan Frahm Modlin
Publications Manager, Edusoft
Riverside Publishing, a Houghton Mifflin Company
www.edusoft.com