problems getting rid of Name Tree Dests

Karen Mardahl k.mardahl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 03:39:49 PDT 2006

Hi

I have the infamous error message in my Distiller:
% [ Warning: The following Names in Name Tree Dests were defined more
than once ] %

I simply cannot clean up these files (in FM 7.1p116/WinXP).

I have tried
* roundtripping MIF (FM > MIF > FM) with simple Save As.
* searching for these numbers in the MIF files (found 2 that start
with I and none that start with G out of 73!)
* being good at updating book regularly (I use conditional text and
toggle a lot between the various versions)
* Using ITL's lovely Report Paragraph Overrides script to find miscreants

I CANNOT use the optimize feature. It just fails. It says it cannot
open the very first file in the book. I even replaced that first file
(just the cover page of the book, easy to do). If I remove the Cancel
on Error, it goes through the optimizing process, but says it
processed 0 files. I can optimize single files, but that seems of no
value at all.

I also feel like the original bunch might have gone, but new ones have
taken their place.

We get big frowns from our manager for having these stragglers and I
don't know what to do!!!
Help, anyone? It would be greatly appreciated!

regards, Karen Mardahl