document release date schedule documentation

Niels Fanøe NFA at maconomy.dk
Fri Jul 7 00:55:42 PDT 2006

Before we started doing serious documentation estimates, we used the following formula. The developers describe every change to the software in "worksheets". We used to multiply the number of worksheets for a release by pi to get the number of required documentation hours... And guess what, it actually worked out pretty well...

Now that we do serious estimates (with MS Project and all), we arrive at a number more or less equal to the number of worksheets multiplied by pi plus the number of hours spent on estimating...

:o)

-Niels