FM - text boxes

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 02:46:44 PDT 2006

At 14:23 -0700 11/7/06, Merry Foxworth wrote:

>When I switch to Master Pages, the dotted boxes look different from those in Body Pages, so there is no point in even trying to change them.  I have no idea how one works with them.  As someone pointed out, 5.5 is a pretty old version and doesn't have the same level of support.

None of this has changed since FrameMaker 5.5 - or even much before that.

I think you need to read up how FrameMaker handles text frame and master pages. Without that knowledge, you will be at odds with the application. If you don't have access to a manual, there's a free on-line tutorial here:

<http://www.io.com/~tcm/etwr2372/frame_index.html>

and specifically for FrameMaker 5.5 here:

<http://www.io.com/~tcm/etwr2372/planners/frame/frame556/frame_ver556_index.html>

--
Steve