Going nutso' with a "phantom" cross-reference

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Fri Jul 14 08:32:07 PDT 2006

Thank you Fred.  Your very articulate statement at the end about

If that's not possible, your SQA rules will just
have to be modified to accept a list of exceptions for
cross-references that are reported as unresolved for a particular
set of show/hide condition settings. Checking for unresolved
x-refs with all conditions showing establishes that all the x-refs
are good, and you should then be able to document that the
"bad" ones that are reported in the Book Errors windows when
you publish any given conditionalized version are due only to
hidden x-refs

is just what I need to put into writing for my SQA folks.  Solutions
always come so fast on this list.

Thanks again,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening