Frame 7.1 with ePub 9.2: Contextual Help

Neil Tubb neil.tubb at SolaceSystems.com
Fri Jul 14 12:32:55 PDT 2006

Hey everyone (cross-posting to WWP yahoo groups list...really need help
here),

I'm a fairly experienced Frame and Webworks user (9 years), but this is
the first time I've tried contextual help. The user documentation for
ePub 9.2 is pretty thin, but I have successfully inserted my TopicAlias
markers...and they show up in my Webworks reports. So that is all good.

I'm creating contextual help for a Java client (Swing-based). I was
told by development to just pick my own unique IDs and give them to
them along with my help source, and that they would take it from there.
But I guess they figured they would include the URI to the anchor
ID...which is different than the unique TopicAlias marker ID I gave.

I found the topic.js file that contains the mappings...so what do I
tell the developers? To write code to look in this javascript mapping
file and then find the topic? Please help.

Cheers,
Neil