Using SAVE AS PDF in FrameMaker 6.0

Beck, Charles Charles.Beck at infor.com
Mon Jul 17 07:17:49 PDT 2006

You don't even need to "Print to file" if you use an Adobe printer
driver when printing to PDF. In versions 7.x, the printer driver is
"Adobe PDF." (I forget just now which one it is in version 6.x--"Acrobat
Distiller", maybe?)

When you do it this way (making sure to *clear* the "Print to file"
check box), you don't have to later look up the file and distill it. The
print process prompts you for a PDF file name, and then proceeds to
print and distill to PDF wherever you tell it to put the output.

I've never had a problem doing it this way in Frame 6 or 7--though I
*have* had problems "saving as PDF".

HTH,
Chuck

Chuck Beck | Sr. Information Developer | Infor Global Solutions, Inc. |
Office: 614-523-7302 | Charles.Beck at infor.com