[BOOK REVIEW] Document Engineering - Are You A Future Document Engineer?

Scott Abel abelsp at netdirect.net
Mon Jul 24 09:45:03 PDT 2006

In Review: Document Engineering By Robert Glushko and Tim McGrath

In this issue of The Rockley Bulletin there's a pretty interesting
review of a great book that I've just completed reading myself. It's
called "Document Engineering: Analyzing and Designing Documents for
Business Informatics and Web Services", and it promises (I predict) to
have a dramatic impact on our industry and the way organizations think
about documents.

I met with Bob in New York City recently and plan to include an
interview about him on my site soon.

Here's the summary from The Rockley Bulletin:

In "Document Engineering: Analyzing and Designing Documents for
Business Informatics and Web Services" (ISBN-10:0-262-07261-0; The MIT
Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts), Robert Glushko and Tim McGrath
explore the document as an interface to business and provide a common
sense approach to modeling both documents and services for information
exchange. Their message is clear: To succeed in the 21st century global
economy, companies need to "fundamentally rethink what they do and how
they do it." And what better place to start than with the document?

Read the article: http://www.rockleybulletin.com

Subscribe to The Rockley Bulletin monthly newsletter:
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=11013

Scott Abel, Content Management Strategist, The Content Wrangler, Inc.
abelsp at netdirect.net  *  941-359-3416  *  skype: abelsp

News | Reviews | Jobs | Events | Books | Whitepapers | Training | More
www.thecontentwrangler.com ---> become a member today!