Decompiling chm Help to Frame 7.2

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Tue Jul 25 10:55:41 PDT 2006

Jon,

WebWorks does make a tool called the Import Utility that will import a .chm
file and convert the content to FM. You then need to apply styles and break
the content into chapters (it all goes into one FM file). I've used it on
some RoboHelp projects, and it worked quite well. All graphics came in and
links were good, but links had to be redone after setting up the individual
chapter files.

Disclaimer: I'm a WWP reseller.

There may be other decompilers, but I suspect they won't put the content
directly into an FM doc. Please contact me offlist if you want more
information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
Intelligent technical communication since 1993
Technical writing, help development,
FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher conversions
lindag at techcomplus.com
http://www.techcomplus.com/
Manager, Consulting and Independent Contracting
Special Interest Group
Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stcsig.org/cic/index.html