Acrobat: importing files argh!

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Thu Jul 27 05:47:34 PDT 2006

This type of thing can be automated with Acrobat JavaScript.

There is another technique you can use which combines a series of PostScript
files into a single PDF. For details, see

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Xtras\RUNFILEX.PS

Open it with a text editor to see instructions on its use.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

I've got a sert of PDF documents I want to combine into a single PDF. When I
use the 'Insert pages' command in Acrobat (7 Pro) to insert multiple files,
Acrobat inserts them out of order.
1. Using Shift-click to select multiple files doesn't work properly. When I
select the files 1-2-3-4-5 in the File dialog, they end up being ordered
5-1-2-3-4 in the File Name box. This seems to be a Windows problem: all such
selections have similar behavior.
2. Acrobat processes the files in the File Name box in reverse order. So if
I manually edit the File Name box to show 1-2-3-4-5, Acrobat will import the
files as 5-4-3-2-1. I'd have to edit the File Name box to show 5-4-3-2-1,
and then Acrobat will import the files correctly. This is tedious.

Is there a better way to import multiple files into Acrobat, or another way
to concatenate PDF files?

Harro de Jong