box around text

Zimerman Orly orly.Zimerman at tadirantele.com
Mon Jul 31 05:34:32 PDT 2006

HI All,
Did anyone come up with a solution for hiding columns in a Table using conditional text?
I know that I can highlight the text and hide the text within the column, but then I end up with an empty column. Even though no inside table lines would be used, I would end up with alot of space between the end of the column and the outer edges of the table.

I can't reorder the text because the Table is being used as the frame for a picture of a phone's display screen.

I can accomplish the same using text boxes in Anchored Frames, but I have the same problem with the edge.  Is there any advantage to using Anchored frames instead of tables? (size-wise maybe? )

Perhaps the question should be is there a way to create a text box around text that conforms to the size of the text (Ventura publisher used to have a feature like this, for those of you who used it way back when...)?

Thanks for your help.
Orly.