Hiding Pages?

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Thu Jun 8 08:57:39 PDT 2006

In a situation where only the name changes, I find that it is *much*
more maintainable to use a variable for the product name because
you only have to make a change in one place (the variable's value
definition) when one of the names changes or when a new variant
is added to the list. If you use conditional text for product names,
you have to use Find/Change to locate and update every instance
of any name that changes and you have to add a new condition
and explicitly add new conditionalized content in each appropriate
location when a new product name is added to the list. It's *much*
more time consuming and *much* more prone to errors (particularly
considering the shortcomings of FrameMaker's Find/Change
command).

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ