Entire FM Help available as a PDF

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Thu Jun 8 09:55:35 PDT 2006

On 8 Jun 2006, at 14:51, Steve Rickaby wrote:

> Well, it is to FrameMaker users on Mac, as my experience is that the
> FrameMaker 6 help reader is broken when used from Classic, and the
> help files cannot be reached. It typically produces messages such as
> 'The file 'fm6.hlp' couldn't be opened or couldn't be found because of
> an error #-35' (-35 = 'file not found').

Could this be one of those Classic apps that breaks with 10.4 Tiger?
Works OK for me with 10.3.9.

> Also, in OS X, Apple's Preview application is a much nicer PDF reader
> for manuals than QuickHelp.

Ah! FrameMaker 6 does indeed use QuickHelp, as I'm sometimes reminded
when I inadvertently press the Help key /-:

> FrameMaker 7's help for Mac opens in Internet Explorer. Need I say
> more?

You can change this to any Web browser you like. I've set mine to
Safari. See
<http://www.fm4osx.org/classic.html> for details.

Paul