Changing the Figure Caption location

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Thu Jun 8 13:55:20 PDT 2006

Is it possible that the figure title has been put in a footing row?
Do you have the View>Borders option turned on? If so, do you
see a dotted box surrounding the figure title? That dotted border
would indicate that the paragraph is inside some *some* sort of
table cell. And if that's the case, you'll need to select just the
contents rather than the whole cell (or row) when you attempt
to move the title. Then once you have the title where you want
it (and if you have used a named style for the figure tables, my
personal suggestion would be to use the Table Title frame since
you globally relocate all the titles from below the figures to above
them just before you do your HTML conversion), you can delete
the empty table row you left behind.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ