Colour question

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Fri Jun 9 21:38:39 PDT 2006

Lester is right! And also be aware that NO, repeat NO,
repeat yet again NO Windows driver, whether PostScript
or otherwise, can accept CMYK from applications, except
for EPS passthrough with the PostScript driver, since
the Windows imaging model is totally RGB. Drivers can
output CMYK (as the PostScript driver does), but since
the input to the driver is GDI and GDI is totally RGB,
in general, an application program cannot communicate
CMYK directly to a print driver. This includes FrameMaker,
with the exception of EPS passthrough.

	- Dov