Where to find instructions for creating a watermark

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 10:01:50 PDT 2006

If you want to do it in Frame, the strategy would be to create a Master page(s)
with either a background text frame with DRAFT in it or a graphic with the text.
(see Master page / background objects in help)

Applying it gets a little tricky. If you have a master template that
you can apply
to all the books, you're in good shape. Make a copy of the template, modify the
master pages with the text, and apply it at the book level.

If you're using multiple designs and templates though, you're probably going to
have to do each book manually.

John's suggestion of using Conditional Text to turn it on and off has merit too.

* A number of printers support this functionality. My HP, for
instance, allows you
to add a watermark, which may be a lot cleaner/easier solution if you
can't easily
update your template / master pages. I think you can also do this in PostScript
if you're printing to .pdf.

* And as a further aside, I add the draft information to the footer of
each page with
a variable instead of messing with the background at all. When the
book goes final
and is ready to print, the part number takes the place of the draft notice.

Art

Then you'd have to